Tipa

TIPA is a developer and producer of breakthrough compostable packaging for the food industry. The company’s game changing technology addresses a particular segment in packaging: flexible packaging, which today are non-recyclable and as a result end their life in landfills where they will remain for 500 years or more.

The company’s novel technology is relevant for packaging a wide variety of food goods including: snack food, confectionary, baked goods, fresh produce, frozen food and more.

More about their technology :

Bio-plastics have been around for more than 20 years; yet they haven’t delivered on the promise of bringing the same packaging usefulness as conventional plastic and then returning 100% back to nature, with no harmful impact. TIPA’s technology is about making the promise of bio-plastics real, based on deep technology innovation and multiple patents.

Their products have the same mechanical and optical properties as most ordinary plastics.

TIPA’s IP and know-how encompass resin, multi-layer films structures, laminates and more, enabling the creation of optimal solutions for any specific application with any desired properties. TIPA’s patented technology and strong manufacturing know-how solve a variety of issues concerning the applicability of bio-plastics to flexible packaging.

Team

The company has a strong professional team that consists of a group of researchers and PHDs, professional experts in chemistry and bio-plastics, industrial experts and food engineers. Its team is 100% committed to make bio-based compostable plastics work in the real world and reach a mass of consumers.

The company has offices in Israel and the USA

Plastic

Approximately 320 million tons of plastic are manufactured annually, but 40 percent of this is single-use items. Only 5 percent of plastics are effectively recycled, which means that the remaining 95 percent – almost all the plastic ever made – remains on the planet. This poses a problem because of its physical presence when it comes ashore, as well as a possibly bigger problem if it breaks down into microplastics as a result of decades of exposure to sunlight and the pounding of the waves. Microplastics are plastic particles that measure 5 millimeters or less and that are ingested by shrimp, plankton, fish, birds, turtles, and other sea animals, creating a cycle of contamination and entry into the human diet.

Source : article by Dr Gail Barnes

 

 

CONNECT

View Website